Vata skin is characterized as dry, thin, delicate and cool to the touch. It is easily dehydrated, and comes under influence of dry windy weather.
It is very important to take care of the skin during fall. Vata skin types, should follow the below mentioned tips for skin care:
- Eat more warm foods.
- Favor the sweet, sour and salty recipes to balance the dry Vata dosha.
- Nourish your skin by taking organic milk, whole grains and green leafy vegetables in your diet.
- Drink lots of lukewarm water everyday.
- Add sweet juicy fruits to your diet to cleanse the body internally and to stay hydrated.
- Prepare foods using healthy fats such as Ghee (clarified butter) or olive oil.
- Pamper your skin with a warm oil self-massage. Your skin will thank you for this extra lubrication.
- Prefer using gentle and all-natural moisturizers to keep facial skin hydrated.
- Recharge your body by taking plenty of rest.
- Almond oil and sesame oil are very useful for nourishing your skin externally.