Canadian Association of Ayurvedic Practitioners (CAAP), is a not-for-profit organisation (# 1022281) registered with the Canadian Federal Government representing the Ayurvedic profession in Canada. CAAP is seeking to create a greater awareness of professionalism, ethics, research and educational standards, to protect the public and to satisfy the growing need for an ever increasing, well-rounded health care system. The purpose of the Association is:
- To bring together all qualified Canadian practitioners of Ayurveda. Its mission is to preserve, protect, improve & promote the philosophy, knowledge, science & practice of Ayurveda for the benefit of humanity.
- To establish & maintain standards of education, strict code of professional ethics, professional competency, rights of Ayurveda practitioners and to offer each other support, academic discussions, professional development and friendship.
- To establish & maintain desirable relationships within the Ayurvedic profession, other professions, organizations, government agencies, groups & with all reputable Ayurvedic organizations throughout the world.
- To maintain a registry of members who meet the standards of education according to WHO Benchmarks for training or Government Regulations, as applicable.
- To serve as an official spokesperson for & representative of the Ayurvedic profession in the Canada.
- To assure maximum recognition & acceptance of the Ayurvedic profession, its programs & practices as credible and relevant traditional medicine in the society.
- To develop a Continuing Ayurvedic Educational Program.
- To represent for public policy & legislation in all matters pertaining to Ayurveda.
- To develop, participate in, conduct & support Ayurvedic research programs consistent with Ayurvedic principles.
Click for more details